At Turn Services, we take an active interest in the well-being of the communities where our company operates. We are committed to the betterment of our community through civic involvement, donating our time, making charitable contributions and participating in various community outreach efforts.
In keeping with this philosophy, Turn Services created the One Good Turn non-profit organization - which is focused on helping others in need.
One Good Turn fulfills its mission through community outreach and assistance to individuals who have experienced hardships in their lives.One Good Turn raises funds through events such as the annual Work For Charity Day and the annual Glenn Otero Memorial Golf Tournament. These events allow Turn Services, our employees and members of the general public to make a real difference in our community by contributing to worthy causes and helping those who are less fortunate.
- Financial grants in locations in which we operate
- Financial grants to charitable organizations associated to our industry
- Financial grants to programs associated with children's issues
- 501(c)(3) organizations are nonprofit organizations that the IRS recognizes as tax-exempt
- Political organizations
- School advertising
- Churches or religious organizations
- Athletic organizations and teams
Glenn Otero Annual Charity Golf Tournament.
Kay Fennelly Literacy Institute
In 2018, David Fennelly, Chairman of Associated Terminals an Turn Services, The New Orleans Campaign for Grade-Level Reading and United Way of Southeast Louisiana unveiled the Kay Fennelly Literacy Insititute, a program named after Fennelly's mother that promotes literacy-rich summer learning for New Orleans elementary school students.